Friday, July 27, 2007

Trolley ride

I don't think I mentioned it, but Monday, I took the girls grocery shopping. I've taken them to the store in the stroller to pick up a few items, before, but I've never done a full-fledged cart shopping. I wheeled them into Woodman's in the umbrella stroller, strapped them onto a bench-style cart, and put the folded up stroller under the cart. I brought crackers with, and it actually wasn't so bad. Not that I'd want to do it all the time...

Yesterday, I needed to buy fruit for a social function, so I took all 3 kids to the store. I planned to just "stroller-shop" but I parked next to a cart-corral, and there was one of those stupid car-looking carts. I wanted to put the babies in the car section and have Brodie walk, but he was not having that at ALL. So Brodie and Cate "drove" while Cailey rode in the cart seat. Again, not horrible. But I warned Brodie that he is now FAR too big to ride in those carts.

I also had one of those "moments" that I'm prone to getting at this point in my life. Even though you may do this stuff all the time, sometimes while your driving a mini-van full of kids, listening to Laurie Berkner while sipping your coffee from McDonald's, you have to wonder, "when did I become this?" Not that it's bad, it's just a little strange somedays.

I made some fruit-kebobs to take to the PB & Jam concert last night, by the lake. My school had a staff get-together, so we went and I chatted with some new and old co-workers. Tom took Brodie on a trolley ride, and both "kids" loved it. I foresee many trolley rides in our future.

No comments: