Friday, July 27, 2007

WWF in my living room.

Yes, I know it will only get worse, but let me tell you what I witnessed today.

Cate enjoys sitting on top of the Fisher Price Little People Garage (think "King Kong"). Today Cailey thought she'd try it. Cate apparently did not care for her sister sitting in her "spot," so she grabbed Cailey by the hair on both sides of her head, and yanked her down.

Not ten minutes later, Cate had pushed Cailey off of their rocking caterpillar, and Cailey had a "Mad-as-hell-and-not-going-to-take-it-anymore-moment." She borrowed a trick from her sister, grabbed Cate by the hair, and began to repeatedly headbutt the back of Cate's head while I tripped and stumbled over toys trying to break it up.

More words. When I got the girls up, I picked Cailey up out of the crib, and on my way out the door, Cate said, "Back? Back?" Because I always tell whoever is left in a crib, "I'll be right back." Then she brought me her favorite book (Hippos Go Berserk) and said, "Read this?" Later she brought me a Cubs cap and said, "Hat."

I remember the language explosion with Brodie. I had spent so long waiting for him to talk, and then wondered, "WHY did I want him talk?!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In looking at your picture, I am amazed at how much you look like Doris Day; I guess it's been awhile since I have seen you!

Ms. Miller said...

What can I say, I'm Teacher's Pet.