Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lawn services.

I have decided that the cost of a lawn service is probably much cheaper than marriage counseling or divorce. BUT I see a trend with lawn care. I have called three companies with my demands...er, requests. I need someone to do a one time clearing/clean up of the huge mutating weeds behind the garage and garden boxes. I need the yard mowed/weed whacked bi-weekly. I need an estimate for weed control for next spring.

*Company X doesn't "do" one time services. It's a weekly all-or-nothing deal. Free estimates, but won't even give me a ballpark over the phone.

*Company Y said they'd be out here to give me an estimate by 11:30. 11:30 came and went, and when I called back, I got the machine.

*Company Z was a machine asking me to leave my address and lawn needs and I will get a quote within 24 hours.

Apparently my husband isn't the only person who can't just mow the lawn.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, Tom never reads my blog, anyway, and he knows how I feel about the yard. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.