Monday, July 23, 2007

Single mom weekend is over. :phew:

Last week Tom was in Madison for training on Wed and Thurs, and then he left for NM on Friday for his Mom's birthday party. He's quite glad to be home. I'm quite glad to have him home, too. I did my best to be the "cool" mom. We had take-out on friday, and rented a movie. Saturday was the exhausting trip to Milwaukee Zoo, with my sister (left at 9, home at 4). Saturday night was baths and bedtime. That's it. I had a hot shower, a glass of Merlot, a bowl of Lucky Charms, and fell asleep on the couch.

Everyone was really very good at the zoo. The girls loved the fish. Brodie got to touch stingrays and sharks in their special exhibit. He was fearless (mommy is so proud). He was very intent on reading all of the signs at each exhibit, too.

By Sunday, I was pretty tired of being cool. Hell, I was just tired.

I also found out Friday that someone I dated in college for a few years had passed away suddenly in January. It's a very sad and surreal feeling when it's someone you hadn't spoken to in over 12 years.

No comments: