Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Spiritual" Encounter?

This morning as I walked into the kitchen and approached the window above the sink, I noticed a HUGE hawk sitting on the fence gate about three feet from my window. He just sat there looking at me. I slipped my shoes off and backed out of the kitchen to get my camera. I came back and it was gone. I set the camera on the table and it came back, landing in the same space. I picked up the camera again, and it moved down the fence a bit and then took off before I could raise the camera.

Very odd in my little treeless urban yard. This is my second hawk encounter in this yard. The first was after we had over 2 feet of snow dumped on us, and a hawk sat in the middle of our yard looking confused before flying off.

I'm off to Google more about hawk folklore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The hawks are not what they seem.