Friday, July 18, 2008

Back by semi-popular demand.

I'm still asked by a few people why I stopped doing my Blog. I don't have any good reasons, other than I'm lazy and have other Internet addictions to feed. So what's new?

I will be "demoted" from third grade to second grade this fall, at my request. I'm excited to back with the "little" kids. No more screaming and gagging during the crayfish unit. Second grade does have an insect unit, but as long as they are smaller than a quarter and don't have pincers, I'll be okay...I hope.

The girls are potty training, and it is going surprisingly well. I'm amazed at how much easier this is than with Brodie. I do a lot of running back and forth, but I've also gone low-tech. No rewards, no charts, no stickers, etc. You go, you flush, you wash. Yay! The end.

We're planning our first family vacation (sort of) to the East coast. The girls will not be joining us. We're going to spend some quality time with Brodie who so often winds up in the shadow of Little Miss Piss and Little Miss Vinegar. We'll be taking the Civic instead of the van which will help tremendously with gas costs. I'm excited to stay with some friends out East, too.

Brodie will be starting kindergarten at the end of August. He is very excited, and God help his teacher. He continues to be a walking encyclopedia and constantly has his nose in non-fiction books and wildlife magazines. His reading skills are still mind-boggling to us. He's also starting to count money and knows several addition facts.

The girls will be starting their second year at daycare in the fall, and they couldn't be happier. This summer they are all about wearing sunglasses, watching the birds in the yard, and being generally weird. The twinspeak is bizarre. I am living the movie Nell. Their hobbies are singing, dancing, fighting, and spraying spittle into sunbeams to make "snow." Which leads me to the recent bouts of sickness in the house; all three kids have just recently recovered from Strep (getting it about 4-5 days apart, of course) and the girls also had hand/foot/mouth disease, which is as disgusting as it sounds.

What am I doing? Twitching, drinking in the evenings, hanging out on the computer with my imaginary friends...

No comments: